11.13.2007

True Berean

A couple Sundays ago, I had a man approach me while I was in the sound booth after service, since I was the only A/V person left. He was asking to see a slide that that pastor had used in the service, because he had looked up the verse in his Bible and thought they didn't match up. Thankfully, I've used the computer on the video side enough to be able to get to the slides, even though I had them kinda small, since I couldn't figure out how to fix that, but what I could do sufficed for the time being. Either way, I was impressed that this guy did it, and thought it quite fitting in a church that calls itself "Berean", for that's what the Bereans were known for--searching the scriptures. He didn't take the slide or the pastor at his word, he made sure to check it with the Bible to make sure the pastor wasn't changing anything around. Very interesting, and quite encouraging that afternoon, figured I should dedicate a post to it, especially since I haven't posted here in a while.

No comments: